By Arthur Lesk
By Eberhard O. Voit
By Guenter Kahl
This very profitable long-seller has once more been completely up-to-date and drastically extended. It now includes over 13,000 entries, and comprehensively protecting genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics. every one access comprises an intensive rationalization, together with a finished directory of synonyms and acronyms, and all formulation were redrawn to create a uniform type, whereas lots of the figures are customized for this dictionary.
the final word reference for all phrases within the -omics fields.
By Broder Breckling,Gunther Schmidt,Winfried Schröder
By Bruce M. Carlson MD PhD,Bruce M. Carlson MD PhD
Includes a collection of chapters through leaders within the stem mobile box together with the 1st researchers to find iPS cells and a number of Nobel Laureates
Provides the main specific creation to basic homes of significant embryonic and grownup stem cells by highlighting breakthrough discoveries in the worried method, spinal wire, middle, pancreas, pores and skin, musculo-skeletal, retina - major components of stem phone study in human application
Details technical laboratory set up for practitioners, technicians, and administrators
By Kivie Moldave
- Provides a discussion board for dialogue of recent discoveries, techniques and ideas in molecular biology
- Contributions from leaders of their fields
- Abundant references
By Clive P. Page,Peter J. Barnes
The target of the booklet is to supply an in-depth assessment of our present realizing of the pathogenesis of either bronchial asthma and COPD. This quantity additionally discusses the promising new strategies for pharmacological intervention of those illnesses. every one bankruptcy is broadly referenced, generously illustrated with transparent diagrams and images, and represents a cutting-edge assessment of this significant zone of lung biology.
By Richard Durbin,Sean R. Eddy,Anders Krogh,Graeme Mitchison
By José Marín-García
* Discusses diagnostic and healing techniques to be had not just within the grownup and getting older participants but in addition in infants/children
* a number of illustrations and flow-charts
* Explans state-of-the-art molecular ideas, together with research of mitochondria, their position in cardiac disorder and up-to-date research of Cardioprotection and Metabolic Syndrome
* Presentation of contemporary translational reports for the remedy of cardiovascular ailments is integrated (e.g., gene remedy, pharmacological remedies and stem phone transplantation)
By Geoffrey S. Ginsburg,Huntington F Willard
Genomic and Precision drugs: Foundations, Translation, and Implementation highlights a number of the issues alongside the continuum from healthiness to ailment the place genomic info is impacting medical decision-making and resulting in extra personalization of health and wellbeing care.
The e-book pinpoints the demanding situations, boundaries, and ideas which have been, or are being, introduced ahead to permit translation of genome dependent applied sciences into wellbeing and fitness care. various infrastructure (data structures and EMRs), coverage (regulatory, compensation, privacy), and learn (comparative effectiveness examine, studying wellbeing and fitness approach ways) techniques also are mentioned. Readers will locate this quantity to be a useful source for the translational genomics and implementation technology that's required to totally observe custom-made overall healthiness care.
- Provides a entire quantity at the translation and implementation of biology into wellbeing and fitness care provision
- Presents succinct observation and key studying issues that would support readers with their neighborhood wishes for translation and implementation
- Includes an updated assessment on significant ‘translational occasions’ in genomic and custom-made medication, besides classes realized