By Gordon Martel
- Written through amazing students, each one an expert of their field
- Explores influential, underlying issues resembling imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and adjustments in diplomatic methods
- Addresses a extensive diversity of subject matters, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly struggle period and the "new global order", the tip of eu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd global, globalization, and terrorism
- Chronological association makes the quantity simply accessible
- Includes precious courses for additional examining and research
Read Online or Download A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best political history & theory books
This significant learn starts with America's first secular utopia at New concord in 1824 and lines successive utopian experiments within the usa throughout the following centuries. For the 1st time, readers will come to achieve that American communalism isn't a disjointed, erratic, virtually ephemeral a part of our earlier, yet has been an on-going, crucial a part of American background.
From compliment for the 1965 edition:Allan Gilbert is surely the main actual and trustworthy translator of Machiavelli into English; the booklet of this variation is an altogether satisfied celebration. scholars of the background of political suggestion owe a specific debt of gratitude to Allan Gilbert. ”—Dante Germino, The magazine of Politics“A so much extraordinary success.
In the course of global conflict II, the lives of hundreds of thousands of usa citizens lay precariously in the hands of some brilliant scientists who raced to strengthen the 1st weapon of mass destruction. Elected officers gave the scientists loose rein within the new york venture with out knowing the complexities and hazards excited by splitting the atom.
States and banks have ordinarily maintained shut ties. At quite a few closing dates, states have used banks to control their economies and take in govt debt, whereas banks loved regulatory forbearance, constrained pageant, and implicit or specific promises from their domestic markets. The political foundations of banks have therefore been strong and enduring, with actors on either side of the aisle reluctant to sever kinfolk.
- Modern Fascism
- Empire of Ideas: The Origins of Public Diplomacy and the Transformation of U. S. Foreign Policy
- Confronting Political Islam: Six Lessons from the West's Past
- Politische Repräsentation und das Symbolische: Historische, politische und soziologische Perspektiven (Staat – Souveränität – Nation) (German Edition)
- Rethinking the World: Great Power Strategies and International Order (Cornell studies in security affairs)
- From Containment to Global Leadership?: America and the World After the Cold War
Extra info for A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Gordon Martel